Bag Pattern Ellens Esplanade, Review and Giveaway
Today I am super excited to share with you my version of Ellens Esplanade, I have sewn up the bag for my sister-in-law as a Christmas gift. I am taking part of one fun large blog tour with LOTS of prizes, but more about that later.
This is the first time I have made a Chris W bag, as a major player in the PDF bag world I am delighted to make one of her designs. Her wide range of PDF bags mean there is one that will suit you. You may remember I bought the fabric when I visited the Great British Sewing Bee Live exhibition.
I don’t know about you but when I make a bag I find the cutting out and ironing of interfacing a little daunting/boring… it takes a while. Accurate cutting is important for the finished result but I would rather be sewing any day!
My initial strap was a little too wide for my bag fittings, with the prospect of making a new fractionally thinner strap (accurate cutting this time!) I was delighted to see this jazzy strap tutorial.
What do you think?
My sister in law is returning to work following a career break to have children, this is going to be her work bag. For her cycling to work, the recessed zipper will be very helpful, nothing is going to fall out! I am pleased with the pop of pink, I hope she likes it.
I enjoyed sewing up the bag with the detailed instructions, I have to confess I avoided the suggestion of cap rivets. Plus I have started on handmade Christmas gifts, woohoo!! I am so pleased with the bag I am tempted to make myself one:)
So onto the prizes, and discounts running for the duration of the tour. There are two giveaways happening, one enormous one for the tour (a big thanks to our sponsors) plus just for this blog Chris is kindly giving away two copies of Ellens Esplanade bag.
- ChrisW Designs is taking 20% off all patterns until end of day (Australian Central Standard Time) November 21. Code GlobalBlogTour17 (applied automatically with this link. Buy without fear: If you purchase during the tour and then win a pattern, your purchase price will be refunded.
- Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link) is offering a 10% discount for the duration of the tour. Use code: CWD10. (Excludes interfacing and Emmaline Bling.)
- Bobbin Girl has a 10% discount using code BLOGTOUR17. (Not to be combined with any other discount or rewards points.)
- Gold Star Tool is taking 15% off for our tour readers. Use code chriswdesigns.
- Zipit (aff link) is also offering a 10% discount on shop items. Use code ChrisWDesigns.
- 3 digital patterns from ChrisWDesigns
- 7 yard bundle of WovenFuse interfacing from Got Interfacing?
- $25 USD voucher from Hawthorne Threads
- Sugar and Spice hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link)
- Ellen’s Esplanade hardware kit from Handbag Hardware Australia (aff link)
- $50 CAD shop voucher from MM Cork Supply
- $50 USD shop voucher from Sew Sweetness
- $30 CAD shop voucher from Emmaline Bags
- $100 USD gift card from Gold Star Tool
- $30 USD gift certificate from Zipit (aff link)
- $50 USD gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop
(Australia Central Standard Time)
Sunday, November 12
- Tour Launch on ChrisW Designs Blog
Monday, November 13
Tuesday, November 14
Wednesday, November 15
Thursday, November 16
Friday, November 17
Saturday, November 18
- Tour Docking and Giveaway on Flying by the Seam of my Pants
Tuesday, November 21
- Giveaway winners announced on all the blogs:
ChrisW Blog, Glitter in my Coffee, Michelle’s Creations, Flying by the Seam of my Pants, Serial Bagmakers, Tiger in a Tornado, Vanaehsa, Judith Stitches and More, Doctora Botones, Sewsewilse, Suck It Up Buttercup, Vicky Myers Creations, Marvelous Auntie M, inspinration, Fée bricolo, Trisha’s Craft Corner
If you have made it this far, congratulations!! I have two copies of Ellens Esplanade bag pattern to giveaway. To enter simply pin one of my tutorials and comment on this page to let me know which tutorial you have pinned:) A winner will be picked at random on November the 21st. Good luck.
The winners picked out of a bowl by my son for Ellens Esplanade are Sharon A and Hjordis, thank you all for the pins.
PS I was kindly given the bag pattern for the tour